In one of our earlier editions, Tomatoblend, a delicious base for soups and sauces, was already featured. In this newsletter we would like you to see how versatile and easy to use this product is. This recipe for a Tomatoblend carrot soup gives you a modern twist on a favorite recipe!
Do you want to try the recipe yourself? Then request a free sample of our blend from your regular contactperson.
Tomatoblend carrot soup - 4 persons
Preparation time: 40 min.
- 550 g Tomatoblend
- 700 g carrots
- 2 Celery stalks
- 1 Sweet pepper
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs (dried)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 L water (add more if the soup is too thick)
- Fresh parsley to serve
1. Peel the carrots and de-seed the sweet pepper.
2. Cut the cleaned carrots, sweet pepper, and celery into small pieces.
3. Add the olive oil to a big soup pan and heat it up on a medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, and sweet pepper and stir fry briefly in the pan.
4. Add the Tomato Blend, chilli powder, herbs, water, and stock cubes.
5. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until all of the vegetables are soft.
6. Finely chop the parsley.
7. Blend with a hand blender until the soup is smooth and then serve with the chopped parsley.
Enjoy your meal!
For more inspiration take a look at www.tomatoblend.nl/en.