Stuffed Monterosa tomatoes
Serves two - preparation 30 minutes
• 2 Monterosa tomatoes
• 1 handful of rice/couscous/buckwheat
• 4-6 green olives
• 6-8 capers
• Fresh parsley
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• Handful of alfalfa
• Olive oil
1. Cook the rice (couscous/buckwheat) as instructed on the pack.
2. In the meantime, clean the tomatoes. Slice the top off the tomatoes and spoon out the flesh. Save the seeds and the juice in a separate bowl.
3. Slice the olives and finely chop the parsley. Mix this with the capers, half of the alfalfa, and the tomato flesh.
4. Mix the cooled rice (couscous/buckwheat) through the parsley, capers, alfalfa, and tomato mixture.
5. Add some olive oil and the ground cumin.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Use a spoon to fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
8. Garnish the tomatoes with the rest of the alfalfa.